- Events & Education
- Continuing Medical Education
May 20 – 22, 2021
We hope you enjoyed the 2021 virtual annual meeting May 20-22. All content is available for on-demand viewing to registered attendees.
Don’t forget your registration includes access to PedSurgTV and additional 24 APSAsodes spanning May 2021 to April 2022. Registered attendees can view live broadcasts or on-demand viewing in the same platform as the main meeting.
It’s not too late to register and gain access to top notch educational and scientific content for pediatric surgeons, trainees and affiliate professionals.
- Two plenary scientific sessions covering the top rated abstracts
- Four Top Educational Content talks:
- Intestinal Failure – Improved Prognosis with Dedicated Intestinal Rehabilitation Programs.
- Family Centered Care. Maria Cho, InsideOutMedicine
- Trauma Resuscitation – Less Crystalloid and Earlier Use of Blood Component Therapy or Whole Blood.
- Cancer as a Chronic Disease – Long Term Follow-up and Morbidities.
- Two systematic reviews and quality improvement toolkits: Gastroschisis; IBD/ERAS
- Variation in Care panel – Adolescent Inguinal Hernia
- Presidential Symposium – Are We Training Too Many (Traditional) Pediatric Surgeons?
A Debate with Live Discussion
- Presidential Address
A Surgeon’s Purpose. John H.T. Waldhausen, MD.
- Past Presidential Address
Our Better Angels and the Invention of Hope. Joseph P. Vacanti, MD
The 2021 meeting ends on May 22, but the learning continues with PedSurgTV
Included with your annual meeting registration, PedSurgTV is your new source for rich and educational pediatric surgery content. Scheduled to provide up to 32 hours of “APSAsodes” over the course of a year, broadcasts include:
- Four topic-based scientific episodes: Neonatal Surgery, Education, Advocacy, DEI, General Surgery, Fetal, Innovation, Oncology, Trauma, General and Thoracic Surgery
- Panels and Social Events
- NEW Medical Student Posters
- Individual and Scientific Award Presentations, including the NEW James J. Densler Award for promoting diversity, equity and inclusivity in pediatric surgery
Your annual meeting registration fee includes live and on-demand access to the annual meeting sessions, continuing medical education (CME) credits and all the PedSurgTV APSAsodes.
2021 Virtual Meeting Registration Fees
|Member – Regular||$250.00|
|Member – Associate||$250.00|
|Member – Senior||$250.00|
|Member – Candidate (attending)||$250.00|
|Member – Candidate (fellow)||$50.00|
|Member – Resident||$50.00|
|Non-member – Attending||$400.00|
|Non-member – Fellow||$50.00|
|Non-member – Resident||$50.00|
|Non-member – Student/Allied Health||$50.00|
International registrants from lower and lower-middle income countries are offered discounted fees based on geographic location. If you don’t have a discount code email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the code.
Candidate Members currently enrolled in a fellowship are offered discounted fees. If you don’t have a discount code email us at email@example.com to obtain the code.
Past Presidents receive complimentary registration. If you don’t have a discount code email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the code.
Registration questions, please contact:
Account Member Services Representative
The American Pediatric Surgical Association (APSA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
APSA designates this activity for a maximum of 9 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM . Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Registered attendees may obtain continuing medical education credit for this meeting by logging into PedSurgLibrary with their APSA username and password.
You may claim credits throughout the meeting and then download a single certificate for the entire event.
Need an attendance certificate? Contact APSA staff.
PREVIOUS MEETING VIDEOS
2019 Annual Meeting Videos
EXHIBIT, SUPPORT, AND MARKETING OPPORTUNITIES
Choose from a variety of exhibit, support and marketing opportunities at the APSA 2021 Annual Meeting, in conjunction with the IPEG Meeting, to:
- highlight your brand
- expand your visibility
- put you in contact an audience who uses and purchases your products and services
For 51 years, the dissemination of new knowledge has been a core mission of APSA. Moving forward is the best way to take the best care of our patients. That mission will continue with the APSA’s Virtual Annual Meeting in 2021.