- Events & Education
- Continuing Medical Education
The 2021 meeting ends on May 22,
but the learning continues with PedSurgTV
Included with your annual meeting registration, PedSurgTV is your new source for rich and educational pediatric surgery content. Scheduled to provide up to 32 hours of “APSAsodes” over the course of a year.
The American Pediatric Surgical Association (APSA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
APSA designates this activity for a maximum of 32 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Here’s a look at some of the APSAsodes for the 2021-2022 cycle:
Four topic-based scientific episodes
- Neonatal Surgery
- Education, Advocacy, DEI, General Surgery
- Fetal, Innovation, Incology, Trauma
- General and Thoracic Surgery
Eighteen APSA committee episodes with both deep dives into scientific abstracts and content designed to meet specific contemporary practice gaps, including DEI, ethics and wellness
- Jay and Margie Grosfeld Symposium – Research on CDH, Lung Abnormalities and Tumors
- Global – Expanding the Global Workforce for Children’s Surgical Care: Challenges and Solutions
- Advocacy – Disparities Due to SDOH; Gun Violence Education and Advocacy
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Operationalizing DEI in Pediatric Surgical Care
- Informatics – Developing Best Practices in Telemedicine for the Pediatric Surgeon
- Critical Care – Sharpening your Critical Care Skills: Updates in Ventilator Strategies, Pulmonary Hypertension, and ECMO Management
- Cancer – Deep Dives into Pediatric Cancer: Thyroid, Anaplastic Wilms Tumor and Biology of Neuroblastoma
- Education – Addressing Today’s Educational Challenges Using Technology
- Fetal – FETO in the Management of CDH: Is it the Future?
- Practice – Strategies to Optimize the Successful Submission and Reimbursement of Unlisted CPT Codes
- New Technology – Fluorescence Image-Guided Surgery for Pediatric Surgeons
- Ethics – Ethical Issues in Challenging ECMO Cases
- Benjy Brooks – Improving Gender Equity in Pediatric Surgery
- History – In “Hind-Cite”: The Journal of Pediatric Surgery and its Most-Cited Articles
- Industry – Invention and Commercialization in Pediatric Surgery: Lessons from our Members who have Traveled Different Paths to Impact the Future of Health Care
- Childhood Obesity
- Wellness – Burnout and Moral Distress
- 2020 Foundation Scholar presentations
Panels, Social Events and Award Presentations
- An advisory session specifically designed for residents and students, including NEW Medical Student Posters
- Benjy Brooks Social – Overcoming and Achieving
- Scientific award presentations – winners of the Folkman, Quality, Innovation, Poster of Distinction and Medical Student Poster awards will be announced
- Individual award presentations – recipients of the Humanitarian and the NEW James. F. Densler Award for promoting diversity, equity and inclusivity in pediatric surgery will be announced
- Announcement of the 2021 Foundation Scholars
PedSurgTV programming runs May 26, 2021 through April 6, 2022.