The mission of the American Pediatric Surgical Association is: to ensure optimal pediatric surgical care of patients and their families, to promote excellence in the field, and to foster a vibrant and viable community of pediatric surgeons.
We do this by:
- Developing and advocating for standards of care for infants and children and influencing public policy around the surgical care of children
- Encouraging discovery, innovation and improvement of care
- Providing rich user-friendly venues for the dissemination of up-to-date knowledge
- Offering high-quality continuing education to members
- Creating identity and community among pediatric surgeons
- Promoting a supportive health care environment for patients, staff, and surgeons and ensuring that it is sustained by economic health
APSA’s current strategic goals are focused on:
- Quality of care
- Access to care
- National healthcare agenda
- Organizational health
- Equity and social justice
These are all supported by inclusion, representation and participation for all.
View the list of APSA’s Past Presidents and Founding and Charter Members.
Meet the APSA Board of Governors.