APSA Foundation Education Grant
Definition. An educational project is a discrete activity that will provide members of APSA (surgeons in training, actively practicing surgeons, advanced practice providers) an opportunity to expand their core surgical knowledge and improve their skills and training.
Proposal. The goal of the project should address one or more of the priorities of APSA according to its mission.
- Develop/advocate for standards of care for infants/children while influencing public policy regarding surgical care of infants/children
- Encourage discovery/innovation/improvement of patient care
- Provide methods of disseminating knowledge regarding surgical care of infants/children
- Offer high quality continuing education for pediatric surgeons
- Create identity and community among pediatric surgeons
- Promote a supportive health care environment for children, families, ancillary staff, and pediatric surgeons sustained by economic health
Eligibility and Application
Application period for the 2024 scholarship will open in December 2023.
Past Education Grant Recipients
Kathleen van Leeuwen, MD
Phoenix Children’s Hospital, Phoenix, AZ
Critical Incident Stress Debriefing: Essential Training for Pediatric Surgeons and Learners
Generous donations from APSA members help transform our mission and vision into reality. No donation is too small, and all donations go toward our goal of saving all lifetimes.