PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
The Professional Development committee shall:
- Collect data from multiple sources to ensure that APSA meets the continuing medical educational and competency maintenance needs
- Prioritize and address practice gaps identified from multiple sources to improve the quality of pediatric surgical care to include differences in outcomes based on diversity and inclusion principles
- Create, administer and archive programs, resources and processes to efficiently provide and disseminate information to meet practice gaps
- The target audience for these activities is pediatric surgery providers in all stages of their career including general surgical residents, pediatric surgery residents, medical students, nurses, advanced practitioners and physicians in related fields.
The committee’s activities will include:
- Consolidating educational content across multiple distribution modalities (e.g. ExPERT, NaT, annual meeting, Journal of Pediatric Surgery, Seminars in Pediatric Surgery, point of care tools)
- Coordinating the regular dissemination of content (e.g. ExPERT, Spaced Learning, e-blasts, NaT Focus)
- Partnering with, informing and providing feedback to other organizations (e.g. American Academy of Pediatrics, American College of Surgeons, American Board of Surgery).
- The committee will annually evaluate its expected results to guide future activities.
- Initial and repeat ExPERT session performance
- Annual meeting surveys
- Number of users
- Awarded continuing medical education certificates