Aviva L. Katz, MD, died earlier this week. She was the director of the Consortium Ethics Program, corerFaculty in the Center for Bioethics and Health Law, and vice-chair of the Institutional Review Board at the University of Pittsburgh as well as the co-director of the Center of Advanced Fetal Diagnostics at the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh. Nationally, she was the chair of the Committee on Bioethics of the American Academy of Pediatrics, and past chair of APSA’s Ethics and Advocacy and Family and Community Relations Committees. She was also active in the American Society for Bioethics and Humanities, serving on multiple committees and task forces.
Recent APSA News
- Follow this amazing journey and donate to a great cause! May 3, 2021
- APSA Town Hall Recording – February 2, 2021 February 5, 2021
- APSA Announces New Executive Director December 15, 2020
- New Pain Management Guidelines for Opioids in Pediatric Surgery December 8, 2020
- New APSA Phone and Email October 13, 2020