- APSA Info
- About Us
- Join APSA
- Avertise & Support
- APSA Foundation
A candidate member must be currently licensed to practice medicine in the United States or Canada.
Candidate members must have successfully completed or they must be eligible for examination in general surgery given by the American Board of Surgery or the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada.
Fellows in, or individuals who are within 12 months after completion of an ACGME-approved pediatric surgical fellowship or RCSC-equivalent positions are eligible for candidate membership.
An individual may remain a candidate member for five years following completion of an approved pediatric surgical fellowship program at which time the candidate membership will expire. This five-year period is in addition to the time spent as a candidate member during pediatric surgery fellowship.
If candidate membership expires, one may still apply for regular membership at any time in the future. Candidate membership is not mandatory in order to qualify for regular membership.
- ExPERT – APSA’s online CME Program
- Pediatric Surgery NaT – APSA’s online resource to keep the current general surgical care of children at your fingertips
- APSA Annual Meeting registration
- Journal of Pediatric Surgery subscription
Resources & News
- Monthly Literature Reviews from recommended studies relevant to pediatric surgery
- Committee Updates
- APSA Digest – a monthly “to do list” of upcoming deadlines and events to help you stay informed
- Handbooks and APSA statements and guidelines
Collaboration & Networking
- Access to APSA member directory
- Collaboration with the pediatric surgery community
- Pediatric surgery-specific news
- Committee Service on one of APSA’s many committees
Annual member dues are $75. All Candidate members are required to carry an annual subscription to the Journal of Pediatric Surgery at the special rate of $150 for print/digital or $130 for digital.
To apply for Candidate Membership, you must complete an application.
NOTE: your application must be completed within 24 hours of the start time. Incomplete applications are deleted from the system if not completed within 24 hours. Be sure you have all of the required documents prior to starting an application.