Visit the Wellness page in PedSurgResource for a variety of helpful resources. New resources are added regularly, check back for updates.
The APSA Wellness Committee supports Pediatric Surgeon Wellness to ensure the best care possible for children.
The mission of the APSA Wellness Initiative is to save lifetimes by supporting the physical, emotional and spiritual health of pediatric surgeons.
We accomplish this mission by:
- Encouraging awareness, promoting innovation, and supporting surgeon self-care
- Disseminating up-to-date continuing education on surgeon wellness, recovery from injury, and moral distress
- Supporting systems for community and peer support among pediatric surgeons, with specific emphasis on diversity, equity, inclusiveness and justice.
- Performing research to determine and then disseminate evidence based solutions to improve surgeon wellness
- Lead the way for other specialties by example as we create and sustain support for pediatric surgeons throughout the continuum of their careers.